Date(s) - 07/12/2017
If you are looking for a skillful lawyer, it can be a kind of challenge for you. It is more likely that you have never faced such problems and you don’t know what to ask during the interview with assault lawyers. Of course, it would be better to meet with several lawyers in order to find your best variant. So, if it is a new area for you, this article can be really helpful.
The first problem is that you have to find a lawyer quickly. Usually, we are not ready for some unexpected problems or even crimes. It is even impossible to predict such situation. But you still want to find the best lawyer for your case. Your first step is getting the one or two names of some criminal defense lawyers. And after that you can set up appointments with the first Toronto criminal lawyer.
Be realistic. A lot of lawyers are really busy and there is a possibility that he won’t be able to meet you personally. Anyway, you shouldn’t eliminate them as possible candidates just because of this reason.
Before you will prepare special questions, find all documents which are available for you: bail papers, documents from the court, a copy of the police report, some documents which you may have received if your property was searched. Bring all these documents with you for the first meeting with Toronto criminal lawyer.
So, here is a list of questions which can be suitable for you:
1) How long have you been working in this area?
2) Is criminal defense lawyer your primary profession?
3) Have you an experience in working with the charges I’m facing? Have you testimonials from such clients?
4) How often do you come to the courthouse where my case will be heard?
5) How would you describe your relationship with the prosecutors office?
6) If I plead guilty, what will be the next?
7) Is it necessary to go to trial?
8) What way would you propose for handling my case?
9) Could you conduct me through the process and tell me what to expect at each step, from arraignment to trial?
10) What legal expenses will I have to pay? Or paying for your time is enough? Can you tell me prices for these legal expenses?
11) How often do you work out plea agreements?
12) Is it a normal situation that you take your cases to trial?
This list can be really endless. Its length depends on your requirements, needs, terms of you case etc. The good way to make a decision is to write down all pros and cons of each criminal lawyer. It can be really helpful.
If you are ready with your list of questions, it is time to call one of the MassTsang lawyers and set an appointment.