The NYTimes has a story about the newest Orthodox Jewish Boxing sensation: Yuri Foreman.
Here are his stats:
- 27 years old
- Light middleweight boxer (23-0)
- Grew up in Belarus and later Israel
- Baal Teshuva (shocker) now going for Orthodox smicha (rabbinical ordination) under Rabbi DovBer Pinson
- Three-time Israeli amateur national champion
- Married Leyla Leidecker, the Hungarian amateur fighter and former fashion model and convert to Judaism
- Both very into Kabbalah
- Tonight – he goes up against Mexican powerfighter Saul Ramon. If Foreman wins, he will have his shot at the World Boxing Association title (current champ: Joachim Alcine)
Here is the must read article … look out Salita!